Saturday, May 12, 2012

The end of my internship

Even though i was supposed to have completed my internship at YerPhI on Tuesday (as Wednesday was a holiday and Thursday afternoon I flew out to Paris), certain bugs in my program have caused me to have to bring some of my equipment back to the house so that I could work on it from home on Wednesday.  Thursday I came in to work, so that my coworker Mikayel would be able to drive me over to the airport during his lunch break.    And now I am here in Paris.  
        It's been a fun experience again in Armenia; not only fun, but also very helpful to the people I have been working with.  Until I came, they had never considered the idea of using the language C to program microcontrollers, and had been doing it the old fashioned way, using assembly language.  For those of you with lack of experience in computers, assembler is the Latin of computers.  I came in, and taught them a new way of doing things, and using this new technique, helped them create a control system for a furnace.  
The furnace, the control-board, and power supply system.

     This is in stark contrast to my previous internship last summer in Gyumri, where I did barely any work at all (no offense to my dear friends at GITC).  This time, my work was very important to my coworkers, and I feel a sense of accomplishment worthy of being placed on my resumé.  Perhaps I may be able to come back to work at YerPhI again in the future?  I cannot say yet about that.  

And here, I shall post some pictures from the last few weeks:

I'm riding a horse!  

Mourners gather and lay down flowers at the Genocide memorial on April 24th
Candles lit in the Geghart Monastery (it's not as dark as it looks, it's just that I put the shutter speed very fast so that less light enters the camera.  it looked cooler this way)  


The opera house, and a concert taking place in front of it


Me and my extended host family, only a few nights before I left.






No comments:

Post a Comment