Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Got into W&M!, (and update on London

Ok, I had mentioned that I will post when I get into William and Mary, and today, they have sent me the acceptance letter via email.

Updates from London:
Since my last blog update, I have been to three museums (the Horniman museum, the British museum and science museum).  On Sunday, I to the church with Sue, and then afterwards played ping pong with a hayastantsi* guy named Tigran who is about the same age as me.  Two days ago, I went with Sue to her workplace, where she works as an anthropologist, researching the Armenian people.  Last nigth I ate take-out from a fish and chips store, which is basically like a fast food place except that they don't have seats in there and they only have carry out.  I'm going to post the pictures from my adventures in London on facebook soon.  As in before I arrive in Armenia.  I'll let you, the readers, keep me accountable to that.


*hayastantsi = Armenian person born in Armenia, as opposed to spyurkahay, which is what I am:  an Armenian of the diaspora.  

1 comment: