Thursday, March 8, 2012

the move

Yesterday at work, my boss Suren told me that he and his family had agreed to let me move in with them, and that they had talked to birthright about this, and all they needed now was my approval.  So I said yes.  Internet at the house + allowed to borrow his son's guitar (I didnt bring my own) + I had met Suren's family before and they are nice.  And so, this morning I moved in to their house, located 15 km from where I was staying at before (I think this is how far it was; if I remember correctly, it's 100 dram per km via taxi).  Ok, yes, it's not close to anything, but I can hopefully carpool with Suren to/from work, and use a marshutka (very cheap mini-bus) to go to the birthright office and other places.  Or I could buy a bike, if I can find somewhere that sells bikes.  

Also, Gevork (Suren's son) told me that I should post pictures inside my blog, so I'm doing that right now.  

my new room

the view from the back porch
 On a clear day, you may be able to see mt Ararat more clearly than you can see it here.  (it is easier to see with the naked eye than with the camera today.  You may have to use a few filters on photoshop to make it more visible)

No comments:

Post a Comment