Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the blogging resumes/return to Armenia

When I returned from Armenia, I claimed that that would be my last blog entry.  However, I have decided to go back to Armenia again this spring semester.  I am currently in the Dulles Airport in DC, 1 hour exactly from departure, on my way to London, where I will be visiting my relatives for a week on the way to Armenia.  This time in Armenia, I will be there for a little over 3 months, (adding  the time in London on the way there, and the time in Paris on the way back, and a conference in NYC immediately after returning to the states, it totals to being gone for 4 months).  I am going to try to figure out a way to change the title of the blog to something more general than "Hayastan: summer 2011" to something more general like "my journeys across the world," except less cliché, while keeping the same URL on blogspot that I currently have.  I will post more at a later point in time.

What has happened since my last journey?
1)  I have applied to the college of William and Mary, and will find out first week of February if i get in.
2)  I continued my work at Jefferson Lab.
3)  I found out that my masters thesis requires more revisions than could be done prior to leaving for this trip, and therefore I will have to work on revisions while in Armenia, and then defend it when I get back.
4)  I became very good friends with a very nice young lady named Kiana, whom my aunt had introduced me to (or, to borrow the colloquialism, "hooked me up with".  lol.)
5)  I went to New York City on a mission trip last weekend to hand out food and clothes for the homeless.
6) J'ai appris un peu du français avec une livre que j'ai acheté de mon vasin à une vente de garage pour deux dollars.

#6 was a very good investment, and it will come in handy when I am à Paris.  Noctis Wolf, whom I haven't met in person in a little over a year, claims there is a conspiracy behind #6.  I will make mention on this blog as well as on facebook as soon as get into W&M.

And I am posting this right before I get on the plane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment